Happy 4th of July!
We wish all our friends and supporters a safe and Happy 4th of July! While we enjoy kicking up the grill, hosting picnics and lighting fireworks—it’s important to keep our furry companions safe and comfortable!
It's important to ensure that your pets aren't accessing any hazardous materials like alcohol, sunscreen, bug spray, fireworks, matches, lighters and so on. Never use glow sticks or light fireworks around your pets. Refrain from taking your pets to public events, or letting them outdoors without a leash and harness.
PetFinder shares a few tips on how to keep your cat safe if you’re hosting an event.
1. Make Sure Your Pet’s Microchip is Updated, And Their Collar Is Secure! In case Fluffy tries to make an escape, they will be easily identifiable!
2. Have Recent Photos Of Your Pets Ready If you plan to host a summer party—this is especially important. Pets go missing more often during holidays like the 4th of July. Having photos of your pet, along with ensuring their microchip is registered and updated significantly increase the chances of your pet being returned safely.
3. Play Your Pet Out Before Any Parties Or Festivities This can help reduce any excess energy and anxiety for your cat or pet.
4. Have Guests Help Keep A Lookout The last thing anyone wants, is for someone’s pet to go missing! Remind your guests about your pets when they first come over, and use signs to help remind guests throughout the evening.
5. Give Your Pet An Escape-Proof Safe Room Before Festivities Start Before guests arrive, or before it’s time to start the fireworks, secure your cat or pet in a comfortable room where they can’t escape. Use signs to remind guests not to enter, or to not let your pet escape!
Check out this very helpful infographic from Catster. Have a wonderful Independence Day!